Q. What is the production time from when I placed the order?
A. All production times are estimates. The production time for Plastic Bag Signs generally takes about 3-5 business days from the time you approve of the artwork to the time those are ready to be picked up or shipped out. The production time for other products (Yard Signs, Banners, Magnets, Polycoated Cardboard) generallyÂ takes about 3-5 business days from the day after you approve artwork to the time they are ready to be picked up or shipped out.
Q. What is the 5%Â Reverse Print charge?
A. The Reverse Print charge is 5% on the signs themselves. The charge is for the amount of ink being used on the sign as theÂ background. If more than half of the sign is reverse print, the 5% charge applies.
Q. Can I re-order the same product in the future without re-designing?
A. Yes, we keep all information on-file including previous artwork.
Q. What is Vector Art compared to Bitmap Art?
A. Vector art is mathematical points (vectors) with paths (lines) joining them together. Bitmap artwork is tinyÂ square boxes of all different colors put next to each other to make up a full image. Vector can be scaled up andÂ down to any size and not lose any quality, thus making it the best format for making signs. Bitmaps however,Â lose quality as the tiny boxes are scaled up and down.
Example: Vectorized Art – Rasterized Art
Q. The words in my proof have jagged edges, will it print that way?
A. All of the art we print is vector paths (smooth). We try to send you a proof with smooth text / lines, but sometimes we must convert the art to a lowerÂ resolution (150dpi) bitmap in order to save space and file size for emailing.
Q. What file formats does vector artwork support?
A. You can export vector art in .pdf, .eps, .ai. We are currently running Adobe CS5 software,Â so if you export as an .ai or .eps,Â we will still be able to process your graphics. We prefer .pdf files because they automatically save asÂ an older compatibility.Â If you are sending a .jpg, .gif, or .png (rasterized formats)Â please save your files at 300 dpi.
Q. How do I care for my magnetic signs?
A. Click link for magnetic care instructions: Magnet Care
Q. What are my shipping options?
- Residential Delivery: Residential Delivery is selected if you specified your ship-to address as a residence orÂ if FedEx/Freight carrier has determined that your location is residential.
- Inside Delivery: Specify Inside Delivery if you need your freight shipment to be unloaded for you. InsideÂ Delivery typically means your shipment will be brought through the first door or out of the weather. There is anÂ extra charge involved with inside delivery.
- Liftgate Service: Specify Liftgate Service if you need your shipment unloaded for you. Strongly recommendedÂ for residential motor freight delivery and for businesses without a dock. If you want your shipment to beÂ delivered through the first door or out of the weather you must also request Inside Delivery. There is an extraÂ charge involved with inside delivery.
- Delivery Notification: Specify delivery notification if you need to choose the date and time of delivery. ThisÂ may extend delivery by one day. There is an extra charge for delivery notification.
- Guaranteed: Allows you to choose the day of delivery, but not a specific time. If it is not delivered on that day,Â your freight will be credited. Your order must be placed by 5 pm. There is an extra charge for guaranteedÂ delivery. Note: May delay delivery by one day.
Q. What are ship times from your location?
A. The map below is from FedEx Ground but ship times from other carriers are typically about the same. (estimates only, we do not control how fast carriers get your product to you)
Q. What are my payment options?
A. Our preferred method of payment is a faxed or emailed check however we also accept all major credit cards except American Express.
Have other questions?
Email us: Sales@precisionsignz.com